Monday 15 February 2010

i JUst caN'T WaiT

Yesterday I was thinking of things I love and as I was sat snuggled under my WIP tripling away I thought....... how much I love the feel of the Rowan yarn running through my fingers and the warm, cosy, safe feeling it gives me.



Now I am on the last stages I just couldn't wait any longer to show you.






Using five different colours I made thirty six little squares first with a single round of triples then a double round.






Then putting them in fours to make bigger squares, I used a join on the go technique from the lovely Lucy at Attic 24, she has been the inspiration for me learning to crochet and also gave me desire to attempt something so big. This was a challenge for me I don't mind admitting, I am one of those quick results sort of crafter who likes to flit from one project to another but I have had to surpress urges to do other projects in order to give my beloved blanket the time and love it deserves.





So here's a glimse as you can see a double row edges each big square, bright pink, well it is for me and I love pink!

So what happens next.....................
I am going to and another double row of pink around the nine large squares, but then I am not sure wether to do one round of each colour or maybe two finishing with a scollop edge maybe we will have to see where it takes me.
Have you any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment